Here's a special edition of the T10 roundup, dedicated entirely to coronavirus.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): Update and Thorough Guidance | "Compiled by Julie McMurry, MPH. You can share this as widely as you like using the URL: www.flattenthecurve.com, via facebook, or via twitter. Just note that it is evolving. Speed is key, so a good plan now is better than a perfect one later. If you’d like to help with a language translation please DM me at twitter.com/figgyjam. New efforts for Italian, French, German and Spanish underway."
- Bill Gates and Elon Musk Just Issued Very Different Responses to the Coronavirus. It's a Lesson in Emotional Intelligence | "Two brilliant minds. But while one response is potentially dangerous, the other could save millions of lives."
- COVID-19: Not Just A Bad Flu | "A few days ago, Dr. Daniele Macchini, a physician in Bergamo, Italy, made a long post on Facebook about how the outbreak of COVID-19 (coronavirus) is overwhelming the hospitals there and pleads with the rest of the world to take the virus seriously."
- COVID-19 #CoronaVirus Infographic Datapack by Information is Beautiful.
- A Televangelist Peddling Silver As A Fake Cure For Coronavirus Has Been Warned By Officials To Stop | "As fears of the virus mount, so too do claims of snake oil treatments."
- Apple: This is how you should disinfect your iPhone, iPad, and Mac | "But don't mess it up, because liquid damage isn't covered under Apple warranty or AppleCare."
- How newsrooms can tone down their coronavirus coverage while still reporting responsibly | "Everywhere I turn I see news headlines blaring the words 'deadly virus' even though for most people the virus is not deadly. Dr. John Torres, medical correspondent at NBC News, said he edits out phrases like 'horrific' or 'catastrophic.' My general recommendation is the worse a situation is the more journalists should limit subjective adjectives. By now people know this is a serious issue. Stick to the cold hard facts."
- The Coronavirus Quarantine Has Officially Hit Congress | "Four members of Congress have announced they are self-quarantining after coming into contact with a person at CPAC who has been diagnosed with COVID-19. A fifth member, a Democrat, announced she was self-quarantining after someone who had COVID-19 came to her office."
- How to Self-Quarantine | "Thousands who may have been exposed to the coronavirus have been asked to seclude themselves. It’s harder than it sounds." Plus: When Everyone Stays Home: Empty Public Spaces During Coronavirus.
- XKCD: "Scientific Briefing"
Update 11 March 2020: How Coronavirus Hijacks Your Cells