Everyone's got their favorite apps. Some are just fun, some are good 'n' useful—and some are absolutely essential. As a living, breathing human being and an owner of a creative business, here are some iOS apps I'd rather not live without.
And I ain't grabbing links for all of these. Just search for yourself!
Getting things done
- Agenda | My fave calendar app
- AnyList | Lists. Lists. Lists. Lists.
- Dragon Dictation | Turn your spoken words into text
- Pocket | Save links to read later
- Pomodoro Timer | For when it's time to get things done (but also get up and move and not go crazy)
- Post-It Plus | Capture that wall of sticky notes much more easily
- Scannable | Sometimes you need your phone to become a scanner
- Slack | Incredibly smart and smooth team collaboration and communication
- TeuxDeux | Daily to-do lists
- Zoom | Online meetings without the frustrations and technical difficulties of typical online meetings
Design, creativity, photography
- Adobe Shape | Turn a photo into vector art, just like that
- Gamestorming | Group exercises for discovery, alignment, and creativity
- Paper by FiftyThree | For those about to draw, we salute you—for those who built this iPad app, we love you
- Retrica | Really nice photo filters for those of us sick of the old Instagram standards
- Sol | Love photography and/or the rotation of the Earth? This app is especially useful for tracking the "golden hour."
A little bit of fun
- Appsgonefree | Daily alerts for free app downloads
- Ask·O·Matic | Your personal decision-maker app (made by Tremendousness & friends)
- Audible | It's like someone actually reads your books for you!
- Downcast | Great podcast app
- Instagram | Fewer flower & animal pix than Flickr™ (for now)
- Roku | Voice search for Netflix & Amazon Instant? Yes!
- Spotify | I love music
- Tweetbot | Still my favorite Twitter client
- 1Password | Keep all of 'em tidy and secure so you only have to remember one master password
- Articles | My preferred Wikipedia app—super clean
- Dark Sky | The nicest (and, I believe, most accurate) weather app I've tried
- Drive | All your Google Docs, &c
- Dropbox | All your files, backed up and available wherever you can get a signal
- GoodReader | Great all-around app for various doctypes, from PDF to Office to video
- Acorns | Passive round-up investing? Why not.
- ISS Spotter | Know when the International Space Station will be visible as it passes
- Roadside America | Find odd sightseeing spots on your travels
- Sleep Cycle | White noise / sleep monitoring / phased wake-up alarm
- Streaks | A simple motivational app
- Timehop | Blasts from your social media past
- TripIt | Travel plans, travel alerts, travel, travel travel